Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Tribute to Sien(n)a

My mother, always vigilantly searching for news relative to the goings-ons of her children, sent me an article about Siena that brought back a wave of memories from my childhood.

Anyone who was once a kid in the CME (that is the Crayola Modern Era) will remember the plethora of colors available in crayon form. I remember a few colors standing out above the rest. There is a chance I am confusing Berol Prismacolor pencils with Crayola's famous spectrum of colors, but I'm pretty sure that is not the case. Goldenrod, periwinkle, forest green, and burnt sienna stand out most vividly in my mind.

Here is a tribute to burnt sienna.

If you ask me, the contest mentioned at the end was a no-brainer. Blizzard blue? What does that even mean?

No comments: