Monday, July 28, 2008

Recently, in my life...

I've done a lot since posting last. I quit at Carpaccio so I could focus on getting moved to Arizona. My last day was a week ago last Friday. I spent the following week in Ocean City with Melissa and her family. Couldn't have asked for a better vacation. The weather was perfect. Her family is great. Her parents, sister + husband, and then midweek her aunt arrived. Everyone was very welcoming to me, despite not having spent a whole lot of time around them.

The majority of the vacation was spent eating. We were on the beach for about 6-7 hours a day. Did a little boardwalking. The unit we rented was off 123rd St, on Jamaica. Very nice little cozy place. Far enough from the boardwalk to not be overrun with trash. Plenty close to the beach (we were bay side) and other fun things to do.




Other than that, I'm just hanging out. Trying to see everyone before I move. It's more stressful than it seems. I don't want to leave anyone out of my plans accidentally. We'll see how it goes.

Also, since I hadn't uploaded any pictures yet, I'm putting a couple Nantucket pictures in this post for good measure.





In no particular order, that's a sunset view from the Curlew, a picture of the Curlew (where my family has been staying for as long as I can remember on the island), and a picture of Stewie buried in the sand.

That's all for now. More to come, soon. I have to get back in to this blogging thing so that I can keep people updated without calling everyone every few days. Just too lazy to do that.

Also, I am now blogging from my first lap top. I made the transition. It's going okay so far. Still some things to get used to. I'm not used to owning one, so I don't feel like it's "mine" yet. We'll work through it.

No comments: