Thursday, December 13, 2007

The 'Nooga

Chattanooga has been an interesting experience. I arrived in town Wednesday around 4:30 and went straight to the UT-Chattanooga football stadium to get set up. No delays, problems, hitches in the process. I was out in about 30 minutes. It's a pretty nice stadium, considering the quality of the program.

My hotel is a different story all together. The Chattanoogan Hotel is quite an establishment. In house, there is an amphitheatre, a premier spa, pools and fitness areas, a classy bar and restaurant (same place, run as two separate restaurants), and a strikingly beautiful lobby to greet you. The room itself is nothing special. The bed is pretty comfortable, but not wowingly so.

I had my first bout with embarrassment this morning. At some point during the Tuscaloosa trip, I sat in something unfriendly while wearing my only pair of khakis that I brought along on the trip. They are currently being drycleaned (I dropped them with the hotel cleaning service last night). Jeans are the only other option. The embarrassing part was walking in to the pre-game conference wearing jeans and a DVSport polo, only to find every other attendee (about 50) wearing a suit and tie. Ooops...

I tried to get a hair cut before the meeting as well, but everyone was booked up until long past 10:30. So I entered the room with a shaggy mop of unruly hair, tattered jeans, and a mesh polo. No one said anything.

The hair cut came later on, at a Great Clips across the river. It went fine I suppose. My Asian 'stylist' hardly knew English, but it didn't stop her from trying. After clearing up the confusion as to where Maryland is, geographically, she went on to compare the New York subway system and the DC Metro system. DC won on account of cleanliness.

That's all for now. Justin gets here soon, then it's over to visit with our women's basketball client and to test the replay equipment in the stadium.

Nothing else interesting to report.

Also...

Happy birthday, Mom!

No comments: