Thursday, April 24, 2008

You May Remember Me From Such Movie Masterpieces as "Taxi"...

Yep, I'm Jimmy Fallon. And I'm not very funny. But I'm about to take Conan's spot as host of 'Late Night'.

"The word is out among the NBC brass: As rumored and bounced around for some time, Jimmy Fallon is set to take Conan O’Brien’s job as host of "Late Night" in 2009. It’s a done deal."


My first reaction to this paragraph was "Damnit, looks like I'll never watch 'Late Night' again." However, my instincts urged me to read on. And, thankfully, I did.

"Conan, of course, will be taking over for Jay Leno, who will leave the "Tonight" show in May 2009 as part of a forced retirement."


But, wait. Where, you ask, will Jay Leno go? Yep, my curiosity got the best of me as well. So, on we go.

"As for Leno, he has plenty of options. One of them might be to replace "Nightline" on ABC, pushing Jimmy Kimmel back to 12:30 a.m. But a lot can happen between now and May 2009 in the chess game they call TV programming."


Splendid! I'd miss his identical jokes every night, as well as all the mumbling he does under his breath, and the way he trails off at the end of every single joke he tells. I'd certainly miss the way his mouth keeps moving for several seconds after he finishes trailing off. And, of course, I'd miss his jaw line. Please don't let this be the end of his comedic television career!

No comments: