Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Celebrating the Century Mark

Coincidentally, my 100th post falls on a day where someone sent me an absurd list of the top 100 living geniuses, according to some idiots in the UK.

Top 100 Living Geniuses

If I could draw your attention to a few spots on the list. As a disclaimer, I will tell you that I am not the most worldly of people, and I am not familiar with the majority of this list. But, here goes...

#4. Matt Groening, creator of the Simpsons.
#26. Tied - The Dalai Lama and Steven Spielberg
#32. Tied - Bobby Fischer and Prince (yes, the musician)
#43. Tied - Osama Bin Laden, Mohammed Ali, Bill Gates
#49. Tied - Stevie Wonder and Henry Kissinger
#100. Mr. Irrelevant - Quentin Tarantino

Sprinkled intermittently throughout the list are many people who don't deserve recognition, and many others who deserve to be listed way before Prince and Osama Bin Laden.

The method for determining this list was as follows:

Creators Synectics, a global consulting firm, emailed 4,000 Britons and asked them to nominate up to 10 living people. They were then rated on the following categories and scored: paradigm shifting, popular acclaim, intellectual power, achievement, and cultural importance.

I guess Bin Laden wins on cultural importance alone.

No comments: