Sunday, August 24, 2008

Great News

Some or most or all or none of you may know that I've had perpetual computer problems for quite awhile now. My old desktop, on which I have all my stories, writings, essays, poems, etc. stored since I was 18, and all my digital pictures since I was 18, and all my music that I've downloaded since I was 18, has been maliciously corrupted by geeky internet nerds.

Anyhow, I gave it to an old middle school/high school friend to try to fix. He kept it for awhile but eventually didn't end up making any progress. He made the computer usable, but couldn't recover any of the data from the corrupted drive.

So eventually, I gave it to Max to see if he could help. He has had it for quite some time as well, maybe early spring, and was making a valiant effort but with minimal progress.

I just got a text today saying it was all recovered, and that he is in the process of copying my data over to his server so that he can reformat the corrupted hard drives and give me a fresh start with all my data.

I couldn't be happier. I now have a bromantic man crush on Max until I die. Thanks. Sorry parents, who won't understand what that means. Don't worry, it's not a bad thing.

No comments: