Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fantasy Football

My draft was terrible. I was in a bad way on Monday and was nowhere near the right mindset to draft a championship football team. Results below.

1 (14) Reggie Bush (RB NO)
2 (15) Carson Palmer (QB CIN)
3 (40) Julius Jones (RB SEA)
3 (42) Donte Stallworth (WR CLE)
S1 (43) Tony Gonzalez (TE SD)*
S2 (71) Brandon Marshall (WR DEN)*
5 (98) Derrick Mason (WR BAL)
6 (99) Redskins DST
S3 (126) Brett Favre (QB NYJ)*
7 (127) Kevin Smith (RB DET)
8 (154) Kevin Boss (TE NYG)
9 (155) Jabar Gaffney (WR NE)
10 (182) Leon Washington (RB NYJ)
11 (183) Josh Brown (K STL)

* - indicates keeper, drafted in a supplemental round.

I don't really know how this team will pan out. I'm hoping to make some savvy trades again this year, as I did last year. I don't know why I picked Carson Palmer after last year's benching when my franchise was in Naptown.

As for the aforementioned Donkey Bowl, I'm happy to be able to join this league, finally. My brother and several of his friends have had this league for a few years and I have always heard the chirping and banter back and forth about its daily goings-ons. It's an established keeper league, so I had to buy in to a vacated franchise. I took over Team Wookie, last year's championship team. Looking at his roster, I have no clue how he won. I decided to forfeit my first round draft pick to keep Steven Jackson (RB STL) (he will go top 6, and I don't pick until 12, so it makes sense despite my relative dislike of him) and my fourth round pick for Braylon Edwards (WR CLE). So the franchise has moved to Tempe and been nicknamed the Sand Esquires (working title, better ideas are welcome).

This league is entirely different from the other keeper league that I am in, so I am excited to experience another method of playing fantasy football. The draft is Saturday at 12:45 my time. Wish me luck.

No comments: