Saturday, March 8, 2008

10,000 B.C.

Just saw this tonight with Ryan and his new lady friend. I'm still a little undecided on how I feel. Warning: blog contains vague plot synopsis. If you want to not know what the movie's about, don't read.

The cinematography was good, the special effects were fun. They did a great job with the settings. There were no big name actors, but a couple recognizable faces. The main girl is very pretty--the bright blue eyes get me, though I think they are fake--and I recognize her face from other movies, but I struggled through the whole film trying to place her. IMDB tells me her name is Camilla Belle, and I've never seen anything she has been in except The Patriot, which came out when she was 12 years old.

The storyline was clearly far fetched, but I guess it has to be in sci-fi adventure movies. The love story mixed in was necessary to move the plot along. I was a little miffed at the domestication of the woolly mammoths for use in pyramid building. And the advanced race was a little creepy. I would have liked a little more background on them and why they were weird like they were. No one was allowed to see their 'god', and all his servants were blind. I want to know why. The basic premise - a primitive tribe is raided for slaves, three warriors follow the war path to rescue their friends, they meet all sorts of creatures and people along the way, raise an army, find the evil empire, and stir a slave uprising to save the day.

All in all, I'm glad someone bought me the ticket. It was money well spent. If you're going to see it, I'd do it in the theatres so you get the full visual effect on the big screen. It's pretty impressive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

camilla belle was in a disney movie called rip girls. she was the main character in it. deal with THAT.