Sunday, March 2, 2008

Best College (or Post High School) Memories

For some reason, I've been trying to relive my college days in my head recently. Trying to think of some of my greatest memories, individual and shared. These aren't in any particular order, but these are the ones that come to mind. And by reading this, you are obligated to share your best college memories via comment. If you didn't attend college, leave your favorite post-high school memory.

- AEPi on "I Bet You Will..." - My stint on national television. We got to participate in an MTV show created by Morgan Spurlock. We had to empty out our entire fraternity house in under 30 minutes. We did it in 27, and won a big screen TV with a DVD player and surround sound. Sounds cheesy, but this was before the days where everyone had these things. Yep, I feel old.




- Halloween Weekend 2003 - I went to ECU for their (in)famous Halloween celebration and to visit Kim. That was a great time and I threw together a pretty good last minute costume (Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Then I hustled back to make the Miami at VT football game that ended up being one of the greatest games in the history of VT football. We thoroughly thrashed Miami when they were ranked #2 or #3 in the nation. Liz was in town and it was her first ever college football game (besides Navy games growing up).





- Miami Weekend with Jay and Ross - Jay and I flew out to Miami for the VT at Miami game the following year, our first in the ACC. The ACC Championship was riding on the outcome of the game. We became famous with the win. On a side note, it was probably the best road trip of our college experience, and we took quite a few.




- Just about every Semi-Formals we had was a weekend worth remembering. I won't post pictures from all of them. Good excuse for everyone to put on their best dress, blow lots of money on a decent dinner, and then enjoy an open bar for the rest of the night. I made sure the music playlist was to my liking by volunteering to coordinate it each semester.

- Duke at VT Basketball - When we upset Duke the first time in Cassell, they were ranked #7 in the nation. It was the greatest basketball game I've ever attended. We fought the whole way through. I can still see clearly the trey Zabian hit in Dockery's face to go ahead for good. We stormed the court. Chaos ensued.

- Homecoming 2004 - The first year AEPi participated in the Greek Homecoming shenanigans. We were paired with Delta Sig and KKG for the week's festivities. It was a blast. Themed parties every night. It was the first time I felt like we were a real part of the Greek community in Blacksburg. We haven't looked back since.




There are tons more, but this will do for now. I need to get to bed.

Please comment with your own memories. At the very least, this will give you your own little trip down memory lane (sorry for the cliche).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, seeing how I was about 5 when you were in college, my memory's a bit shot at the moment.

;)


jOoooookinggg.